Why Learn Foreign Languages?
Famous Expressions About Learning Languages
1. "One who knows two languages is worth as much as two." "El que sabe dos idiomas vale por dos." (Spanish proverb)
2. "A different language is a different vision of life." (Federico Fellini)
3. "The 'accent' of a country is not in the spirit or the heart, but in the language." "L'accent du pays où est né demeure dans l'esprit et dans le coeur, comme dans le langage." (Francois de La Rochefoucauld)
4. "Knowledge of languages is the first gateway to wisdom." (Roger Bacon)
5. "Learning a new language is like beginning another life." "Apprendre une autre langue, c'est comme le commencement d'une autre vie." (Michael Bouthot)
6. "The limits of my language are the limits of my world." " Die Grenzen meiner Sprache bedeuten die Grenzen meiner Welt. " ( Ludwig Wittgenstein)
Benefits of Learning Languages
If you want to learn about benefits of learning foreign languages, please click on the links below
Please read below about benefits of studying specific languages.
1. Why study Spanish?
1. Why study French?
Read an article below, in which an associate university librarian, Kathy Stein-Smith, PhD, explains the growing demand for French. She argues that French is a language of international diplomacy, a global business language, a top internet language. There are currently 900 million people learning French around the world. To read the full article, click on the link below.